Monday, August 9, 2010

The Rextiles*


*Thanks Jennifer for the pun!


I was a beading fool Sunday and Monday. My favorite was a bracelet I made from custom Mah Jongg tiles engraved with my Rexphiles logo. One cracked when it was drilled but the remaining seven were matched with 8mm green fiber optic rounds.

Once I got started though I couldn't stop. I made the bracelet on the left from Singapore Mah Jongg Tiles. (Mom loves frogs and I love cats so it was a fun set to split.) Mom got six of the Singapore pieces spaced with 8mm green fiber optic rounds, while I did mine with the remaining four and cobalt and white "woven" beads from China. I might restring it with royal blue fiber optic rounds. We shall see.

Then I made a large, heavy piece with large polymer "melons" that I thought looked like Easter eggs and matched them with cracked, iridescent 16mm acrylic beads from Joann's. I saved four eggs that were mostly black-and-white although two have a pale pink center and made that into a bracelet. This will make a great piece to wear at Easter, and the matching bracelet can be year round.

I then went on to make a candy corn bracelet (from Joann's) for Halloween.

Since I was feeling seasonal, I went ahead and strung some adorable gingerbread men and houses I got from Kennick Kreations. Lots of fun and very lightweight! I made one for Mom with Kennick Kreation's Frog with Spring Stripes, but forgot to photograph that one. It has two 6mm green fiber optic rounds between each frog bead.

So here's my personal collection so far. What do you think?

Click on any photo to see it larger.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy seeing what you do with the bold colors... the 'eggs' turned out really nice with the acrylic beads to tie them together. That collection is amazing!

    ReplyDelete