Tuesday, August 10, 2010

All strung out

I kept my beading streak going tonight. First of all, here's the frog bracelet I made for Mom on Monday and she hasn't taken it off since. I'll make matching earrings soon.

Tonight I restrung the bracelet I made Monday with the Singapore Mah Jongg tiles. I thought the "woven" beads detracted from the tiles so I substituted cobalt fiber optic rounds. What do you think?

I then got to looking at some leftover (two purple, one royal blue, one light blue, and one clear lucite with blue flowers) Mah Jongg tiles I had and wondered how I could tie them all together. I came up with this using some blue and purple cracked glass beads I got last month in Prescott. (I photographed it from two sides so you could get an idea of what it looks like.) The beads came in two sizes and I first did it with the larger beads but the bracelet slid of my hand so I had to use the smaller beads. It's busy and crazy but I like it.

I've also inquired about three more personalized tile designs. I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, I found a drill press to replace the one that was stolen so I can start drilling my own tiles again on Friday. Woo hoo!

Click on any photo to see it larger.

1 comment:

  1. Don'tcha enjoy putting seemingly random pieces together? It's like a puzzle, and then before you know it, the result is greater than the sum of its parts!

    ReplyDelete