Thursday, August 5, 2010

A beady eye

In case you haven't noticed, I love Asian culture. It started as a love affair with all things Japanese as a child and it morphed into a love for Chinese thanks to my Taiwanese roommate in college. (Her mom, who owned a tea shop in Taipei, first introduced me to oolong in a serious way.)

I also learned to play Mah Jongg with Amy and the other students of the Chinese Students Association at Northern Arizona University. I haven't played it since, although I am looking for partners. So I was tickled when I spotted Mah Jongg bracelets online several years ago.

Being a crafty sort, I decided to try my hand at it and a beading addiction was born. I've purchased bracelets and taken them apart and restrung them. I've gotten beads and made my own. I even got a drill press and started drilling my own tiles - never from a complete set but from broken sets or tiles I've purchased online.

So here are a very few of my recent efforts.

Click on any photo to see it larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment