Monday, August 16, 2010

Just bead it, bead it

I have had so much fun making bracelets and being creative since I got my drill press on Friday!

I love to make things and, while I also love to sew, making several bracelets in one night is much more satisfying than taking several days (or weeks) on a dress.

Last night was especially fun since I finally got to drill and make some bracelets that have been haunting me for more than two years.

Using what is called a blue denim Mah Jongg tile, I strung it with red (modern!) cinnabar tubes. This one is for sale on Etsy.

Pleased with the results, I made one for me that's a little larger and heavier. It's also made with blue denim tiles but with modern red cinnabar rounds.

When I started sorting through the black & white speckle-backed tiles (similar to the blue denim), I was delighted to find a Mazel Tov joker. I immediately thought of my soon-to-be sister-in-law. She's Jewish and loves to go canyoneering year-round. So I made her a bracelet with the Mazel Tov tile and four Season tiles on the black & white speckle-backed tiles (which I think looks like granite) matched with some twisty red cinnabar - just like her beloved Utah slot canyons.

Mom and I were so pleased with the results that we bagged up several more sets in black & white and green & white speckle-backed tiles for me to work on Tuesday night.

Finally I got some .7 Stretch Magic and got my Christmas bracelet finished. I am delighted with it and can't wait until the first Sunday in Advent, Nov. 28, so I can wear it!

Click on any photo to see it larger.

2 comments:

  1. Duhn-duhn-duh-da-da, da-da-da Oops, wandering off there again with the musical cue...

    You have really come up with some fantastic combinations lately. Not just in color and form, but also meaning with the Mazel Tov tile. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luverly braclets!

    Missed the Mazel Tov tile... cool.

    I am looking for homes for six Rexy kittens.

    They all have kinky underhairs. The older they get, the kinkier they get.
    I am in the state of Kansas. Please visit my blog to see the sweeties!

    Katie Kat

    ReplyDelete