Friday, August 13, 2010

Drill, baby, drill!!!


No, not that kind of drilling!

I am getting my new drill press today after work! I had one, for drilling mah jongg tiles for jewelry, but someone decided they needed it more. Grr.

Last weekend I received my custom tiles and was dying to make jewelry but had no way of drilling them. So I went to my local Ace Hardware store
where a very helpful sales associate was outraged by my tale of woe, showed me what they had with an enthusiastic review (He loved his so much that his wife had to tell him to stop drilling her spoons!) and drilled my tiles for me for a nominal price. Talk about a good sales person and good customer service. I was sorry to hear they don't get a commission since I promised I'd be back today to get my own.

Now where should I start? I've got more than 500 to choose from.
  • Rainbow Delight
  • purple glitter
  • red glitter
  • pink glitter
  • gold glitter
  • silver glitter
  • mint glitter
  • emerald glitter
  • blue glitter
  • gold mardi gras
  • silver mardi gras
  • purple mardi gras
  • green stripes
  • red stripes
  • ivory
  • white
  • blue
  • burgundy
  • green checkered
  • coral
  • black & white speckled
  • blue denim
  • and more that I can't think of!
You know where you'll be able to find me this weekend. Drilling ... or finishing the alterations on a friend's wedding dress.

Click on any photo to see it larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment