Thursday, August 26, 2010

Proud as a peacock

I only made three bracelets tonight but my mind worked on dozens, thanks to a new shipment of cinnabar beads. Oh, the possibilities!

First of all, I restrung a blue denim/granite bracelet I made last week from 15mm red cinnabar rounds to new 15mm dark peacock blue cinnabar rounds. While I liked it with the red I am really tickled with the new blue beads - especially since the one Bamboo is a peacock. I'd make more but I'm out of the blue tiles for now.

I then drilled six of the pink breast cancer awareness tiles I did yesterday and made a similar bracelet for myself. I do love this odd combination.

Sadly, I can't show you my last effort since I couldn't pry it off Mom's wrist! Drilling the same ice-blue tiles from yesterday, I strung them with these lovely new blue-green cinnabar beads. (The beads in the photo are 15mm but we got those colors.) The beads are supposed to be 10mm but are more of an 11mm so we'll have to play around with the number of beads for size.

When I get it off Mom. It's too bad she "doesn't like" these ice-blue tiles!

Click on any photo to see it larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment