Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The beads of ummer*

*with apologies to Don Henley**

Tonight's beading was fun!

As I was sorting through my projects for tonight, I discovered an oops. The summer Season tile was missing its "S" so it was an "um" tile. It made me laugh so I had to drill it as one of my projects. (I've seen some with a letter not filled-in before but not missing the letter altogether!) Here's the coral-backed Mah Jongg tile bracelet made with the four Season tiles, a three Character and a Joker, since I thought the "um" tile was a joke. I strung it with 10mm frosted green glass beads with facets.

I then did a burgundy-backed bracelet with 10 or 12mm beads. I forget what they are but possibly Rhodonite? I like it but I'm not thrilled so I'll probably list it for sale.

I also made a bracelet for my daughter's teacher (the principal's sister!) at her request with the custom tiles I had made with the school's Good Fortune logo.

I also drilled necklaces with my custom black and white (with red engraving) chops and a school tile, too. All for me!

Ooh, and I sold my first bracelet on Etsy tonight!

Click on any photo to see it larger.

**Hmm, yesterday the Eagles', Take it Easy (Eagles), and tonight Don Henley's, Boys of Summer (Building the Perfect Bead?). Guess I need to go listen to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment