Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rex moritur. Vivat rex.



I don't use this blog much anymore since I am having so much fun with Steampunk Addie.

However, today I needed to post here.

Sixteen months ago a woman found a Cornish Rex male in the Tucson desert. He was cold and shivering as well as wet from a storm.

He also had a deformed tail which curled like a snail.

She brought him back to Phoenix and contacted me. I can't remember if she took Curley (as she called him) to the vet first or if I did, but he had several stubborn infections.

Several rounds of antibiotics later (as well as neutering!) he went to Fountain Hills to live with a dear friend and another one of my former foster Cornies, Habanero.

Now named Mezcal, he lived in the lap of luxury. She took him to the vet and fed him deli chicken. She sent me regular photos. For 16 months he lived the good life.

And today he was found dead.

I was not expecting that when she called me. When I heard the tears in her voice I expected her to say Habanero had died.

Not our little Mezcal.

Rest in Peace, Mezcal, for you were loved.

And still are.


No comments:

Post a Comment