Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy bead day to me!

I went a bit crazy again tonight drilling beads. I finally got caught up on Mom's requests, then did some for myself and for my new Etsy shop.

For me, I drilled some lovely pale blue glitter Mah Jongg tiles and matched them with 10mm midnight blue fiber optic rounds. I love how the contrast in blues works together.

I then made up my own birthday bracelet featuring the date of my birth in numerical tiles: 7-1-1-6-4. Since I'm a July baby I used onyx beads to space the tiles. The year? I thought about using a dragon tile since '64 was the Year of the Dragon, but decided to use a summer Season tile instead since I already have so many dragon tiles in my bracelets.

These are a lot of fun to do since you can commemorate any date (as long as I have the appropriate numbers!) and can use either semi-precious birthstones or beads of appropriate color. I want to do one for my daughter but didn't have the right emerald glitter tiles for her birthdate, so I'm still thinking that one over.

Click on any photo to see it larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment