Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Way to go Teavana!

Okay, I'll admit I was dubious when I first sniffed this new tea at Teavana. (I know, I know, it seems like all I do is write about Teavana lately.) Called Weight To Go, it smells very fruity sweet. My first impression wasn't helped when the salesperson enthused that she, "loves this tea! It's so sweet it doesn't need any sweetening." Oh dear.

Smile inwardly while convincing your taste buds they are enjoying a forbidden treat. Fresh mint, ripe strawberries and crisp apples provide a burst of refreshment in this rare diet blend of Oolong and Pu-erh teas. The combination of two diet teas, Oolong and Pu-erh, provides a potent jump start to your weight loss plans.

Well, I'm glad I tried it because it was to die for. It's not sugary sweet, but it is fruity sweet. However, the addition of rosehips and the mint leaves balance it well. I have to admit I can't taste the oolong or the Pu-erh (an aged tea known for its earthiness) teas so it tastes more like a tisane.

It's called Weight To Go since some people claim that oolong and pu-erh teas help with weight loss. Sadly, that hasn't been true for me. However, my skin doesn't itch so the oolong has helped my skin. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment